Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dinner in pictures

Hi everyone. How is everyone doing. I can sense the urgency in everybody's blogs and I am so with you guys. Phew! I would do anything that would make me sit for hours on end in one spot and get loads of thesis writing accomplished. Anyways, I am really enjoying Gina's camera. Here are some pics of what's been happening after I came home today.





Jamie made a really delicious salad consisting of spinach, grapes, celery and cucumbers with cheese toast on the side. The dressing was made with olive oil, yoghurt, a splash of honey, a clove of garlic. Very tasty and low fat too.




Update on our garden- we got plants from the plant sale in OSU. We got tomatoes, peppers, watermelon, pok choi, cabbage, basil and a sort of bush which apparently attracts butterflies. We deweeded our patch over the weekend and we should be ready for planting soon.





Dessert! I guess I told you about this dessert. I absolutely love this. It has angel food cake, vanilla pudding, whipped cream and strawberries. For an extra dash of sweetness, you can soak the cake in the juice of canned fruit. I really am a dessert addict. Today, I was really scrounging for a piece of chocolate after lunch at school. Luckily, I found Brach's caramels in my bag.

Huff puff, onwards and forwards! back to writing!!!!!
Love
Smita





2 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like some good eats! I like hearing about your day, especially since we don't see eachother much.

I'd have to agree that your dessert looks delish! :-)

Good luck with writing..you know that's what I'm doing, too! :-)

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Wow! Sounds like a nice garden. I'll take anything you don't eat :)