Saturday, May 30, 2009

Banana pancakes

Good morning! I'm so glad its sunny outside today. I might go for a workout in a little while. Actually, I wanted to leave right away ( 9:45 am) for a spin but I was really hungry and wanted some fuel for my workout. So I made these banana, blueberry walnut pancakes. They were so delicious I had to tell you about it.



I don't see any reason to buy pancakes mixes from grocery when you can make really healthy tasty pancake batter at home using much healthy flour than nutritionally minimal white flour. I used wheat germ, mushed a banana into it, chopped walnuts and threw in some blueberries and had it with maple syrup. I think the syrup is a tad high but I like syrupy sweetness!




Here's how the garden looks like now. Look at it grow! Look at the saplings..

ouch! the kitty thinks I'm a tree. He's biting me!

I really haven't done anything fun lately. I want to do some cool fun clothes shopping too. I'm tired of my current clothes. I think I'm leaning towards colored stockings to wear with skirts. They're so funky..:)

Anyways, I'll end my rambling here, work out and write the discussion part of my thesis.

Have a great weekend!

Smita

2 comments:

Gina; The Candid RD said...

mmmmmm banana pancakes! I agree that it's somewhat pointless to buy pancakes mixes, but I buy the whole wheat mixes sometimes because they are just really convenient. I still add flax and blueberries, and sometimes peanut butter :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I never buy pancakes mixes...it's just flour with baking soda and salt! making your own is SO easy, and you can make different kinds!